Friday, May 23, 2008

Wishes May Come True

Just a few weeks ago, I was muttering to myself that I wanted to diversify my career.
No more teaching ...no more school stuff and hoping against hope that I could find
an equally challenging task to do that would enhance my other skills like writing.
Then just for kicks, I submitted a book proposal an outline in one of the publishers that liked the idea of the book. Lo and behold, he asked for a personal meeting straight away.
During the meeting, I was asked to submit a draft of the manuscript which he has no idea that I haven't started yet. And a particular assignment to boot ( that I am not at liberty to write here on my blog) that would require so much of my "serious time" to work on as part of the book promotion. Now, with all the work in my lap right now. You could just imagine if I am smiling at this point as I type this. This would mean that no more lazy surfing and messaging on yahoo. Thank God that American Idol 7 is over. Otherwise, I would be doomed not to even take a peek on the Davids on you tube.
Lesson learned folks, be careful with what you're wishing for, one day your wishes will surely come true.
Hope you have a great weekend. With what's in store for me? hope I would have a great one too.

No comments: